Thursday 6 September 2012

What do you mean?


The meanings, especially not so obvious ones, in songs are my favourite pastime. I always concentrate more on words than music. Rhythm of course wins you over – but even if it’s not good, I can do with simply some good lines. While listening to a song, i will always focus on the lines and try to make myself fit in the description. On other occasions, some turn of phrase just catches me with a surprise as I discover a deeper meaning in them. Here are few of those –
1. Huzur Is Kadar (Masoom) – there’s a line that goes by ‘agar dil bhi hota to kya baat hoti’ while appreciating one’s lover. The hero condems his lover to be a heartless person and just wonders what would it be like having a lover with a heart to match the grace.
2. Saigal Blues (Delhi Belly) – well this is not the most famous song of this movie. But the line when it says “Is dard ki na hai dawai, Majnu hai ya tu hai kasai”, makes it clear that the only way you can heal the pain of love is by turning into a butcher...either buther yourself or preferably (the meaning that is implied here) your lover.

I am sure I am coming back to this post in future and add more of these. I am by no means done yet.

1 comment:

  1. Both songs are epic. But I never looked at that line in Saigal Blues from that angle. Niceee

    ReplyDelete